Friday, May 22, 2009

Welcome

So I spent 13 years in the biz. I saw some insane things. Ate some crazy food. Been to some major restaurants. Worked at some amazing restaurants for some amazing chefs. Worked in the chains (only a small amount of time) and worked in privately owned places that should be a stop for anybody that appreciates a phenomenal meal. I went to school for it and saw it as a chance to do something only a select few can make happen. After being away from the insanity for three years I feel the need to get back in.
I spend my time cooking at home for a health nut of a girlfriend, I have had more than enough extra lean ground turkey. I am inventing things to do with food to make it healthy that I have never done before. Everything from frittatas to chili. I can usually sneak in a hamburger here and there but overall I have adopted her way of eating. Not that it is a bad thing, I mean I have lost 30 pounds in the past three months by consuming fewer calories and exercising but I am struggling to devise low calorie food with outstanding flavor. As any true chef will tell you fat is good, it tastes good and it carries all flavors. And I could really go for some veal sweetbreads with a mushroom brandy cream sauce.
I will post many recipes, some reviews of awesome restaurants and overall a gastro blog for those that care to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment